This is a keralite side dish prepared to be eaten along with steamed rice .
- raw plantain : 2 nos (cubed)
- onion chopped : 1 no
- green chillies : 4-5 nos
- turmeric powder : 1/4 tsp
- grated coconut : 1/4 cup
- mustard seeds : 1/2 tsp
- curry leaves : 1 spring
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds.
- Add curry leaves and onion and saute for 2 min.
- Add turmeric powder, cubed plantains,green chillies, salt and water and cook.
- Add the grated coconut and mix well.
- Pachakaya thoran is ready. Serve hot with rice.