Fruit custard is a delicious, nutritious, yummy, simple and easiest dessert. It is a perfect dish for kids especially who don’t like to drink milk and eat fruits.
- milk : 21/4 cups
- vanilla custard powder : 2 tbsp
- sugar : 6 tbsp or according to your taste
- fruits : apple, banana, chikoo, grapes,pomegranate, papaya, pineapple, mango(any fruits you like)
- Chop the fruits into cubes and mix all fruits with pomegranate pearls and 2tbsp sugar in a bowl. Keep it in refrigerator.
- Boil 2 cup milk with 4 tbsp sugar.
- Mix custard powder to remaining 1/4 cup milk without any lumps.
- Lower the heat and add the custard milk paste to the boiled milk and stir continuously. Once it begins to thicken switch off the stove and let it cool. Stir in between to avoid forming a thin layer over it .
- Once it reach room temperature refrigerate it.
- Just before serving arrange the fruits in a bowl and pour cold custard on top of the fruits.
- Enjoy !!!
Note : Mix the fruits and custard just before serving.
Avoid fruits which release water once added to the custard. eg : watermelon.
You can add little whipped cream and dry fruits and nuts. This will increase the taste.