- All purpose flour : 1 cup
- Butter : 75 g
- sugar : 3/4 cup (powdered)
- egg : 3 nos
- date : 1 cup
- milk : 3/4 cup
- baking powder : 1tsp
- vanilla essence : 1 tsp
- chopped nuts (badam, pista etc)
- chopped dates
- Remove the seeds from dates and cook with enough water and make a smooth paste with spatula.
- In a bowl beat butter and powdered sugar well.
- Add egg into this and beat well.
- Add maida slowly to this mix and mix well.
- Add baking powder .
- Now add cooked date paste and mix well.
- Add milk and beat well.
- Add vanilla essence ,chopped nuts and chopped dates and mix well. Now the cake batter is ready.
- Grease the nonstick pan with butter or ghee and pour the batter into the pan.
- Close the lid and cook in very low flame till done(20 to 30 minutes).
- Insert a knife or fork into the cake. If it comes out clean, then cake is cooked well.
- Switch off the stove.